The first time Emma saw a harp was when she was 8 years of age. It was love at first sight, and she soon started studying with harpist and teacher Jill Whitman. She studied the Suzuki method and classic harp with Jill. A few years into harp study, the opportunity came up to fly to Prague, Czech Republic, and play with some fellow Harpists in the 7th World Harp Congress.
Soon she felt a craving to learn more than the classical sound of the harp and learn something that was more expressive, fresh, and allowed my own creativity to blossom. Emma began searching for a teacher/mentor who could help teach me more about musicality, creativity, songwriting, and finding my own style of playing harp. She met Dr. Mark Andersen, who has studied both American and French styles of playing harp, and he opened me up to a new world of songwriting and studying the electric lever harp. Emma began writing her own music, using a combination of electric harp and vocals to express her own musical voice.
Following this, she relocated to Southern California, where she earned my Master’s Degree in Fine Arts at California Institute of The Arts. About six years ago and during her education, Emma’s passion for teaching blossomed and she realized that the most rewarding aspect of her work is to share in creativity and music with others, at all levels and ages. She currently work from my home studio and travel throughout the greater Los Angeles area teaching my students harp and piano skills and creative flow. The thing she enjoy most about this is sculpting each lesson to each individual student, in a commitment to make our time together fun, inspiring and challenging.
Performing has been a major source of enjoyment for Emma, including performing at weddings, receptions, funerals, art openings, retirement homes, birthday parties, symphonies, pit orchestras for plays and many other special events.
Emma's past performances
Booking and General Policy
- Get in touch with us via email, phone, or chat with us on our website to set an appointment.
- Choose a musician, group, or package and ask for a draft contract. For ceremony & cocktail bookings, you may opt to book online through our interactive tool. Refer to our calendar to check for an available slot for your event date.
- Secure the date by depositing a down payment of 25% through our interactive tool and pay via credit card, venmo, paypal, or send us a check.
Your booking is automatically confirmed upon receipt of the deposit OR signed contract!
Please note: If we don’t receive the signed contract OR the required deposit within 7 days from the date of the contract, we will need to re-confirm the artist(s) availability again.
Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a username and password to access our portal. You may now create your custom wedding playlist via our interactive portal.
Please use our interactive tool to choose among thousands of songs in our playlist. There you can choose songs for your ceremony and cocktail hour.
Do you need help planning your wedding music? Our dedicated team has a variety of wedding playlist suggestions for you.
Browse our suggestions: Click Here
We understand that at times, the unexpected happens. Our policy on cancellations are written below:
- For cancellations 30 days before the event, you will receive a 100% refund of the deposit amount.
- For cancellations less than 30 days before the event, the deposit is non-refundable.
Please Provide Shade/Umbrella
- We require a shade/umbrella for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment. This is due to the extreme sensitivity of musical instruments to changes in temperature and exposure to sunlight and humidity. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
Please Prepare a Covered/Dry Location in Case of Rain
- We require a covered/dry location for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment in case of rain. Exposure to water or humidity is damaging to our musical instruments and audio equipment. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
- We love playing outdoors but in lower temperatures please provide a heater for our musicians. Our musicians remain outdoors for more than an hour with an additional hour to set up before the appointment. The heater will keep them warm before and during their performance.