Alex Flavell is a 24-year-old Grammy-nominated pianist, keyboardist, composer, arranger, and private instructor who does freelance work in the Orange and Los Angeles counties of Southern California. He graduated summa cum laude from the Bob Cole Conservatory at CSULB in 2020 and summa cum laude from the CSUF School of Music in 2022.
As a performer, Alex has been recognized as a two-time Yamaha Finalist in the national American Jazz Pianist Competition, a two time YoungArts Winner in Jazz, the pianist for the Southern California Student Band and Orchestra Association Jazz All-Stars, and a merit finalist for Orange County Register ’s Varsity Artist of the Year (Instrumental Music). Alex received a Grammy nomination for his work on the 2020 album Tradiciones with the Afro-Peruvian Jazz Orchestra. He has also won a multitude of competitive performance scholarships, including the Ruth and Eli M. Nadel Scholarship from Stanford University, the Berklee City Music Five Week
Full Tuition Scholarship, and piano performance scholarships from the Music Teachers’ Association, California (MTAC) North Orange County branch. As a composer, Alex has won several awards from Chapman University’s “Composers Today” branch contest and has been commissioned as a big band orchestrator and studio arranger. Alex is credited as an arranger on Bryan Lanning’s first full-release album, Us, which peaked at #2 in the U.S. pop category in early 2017.
Alex's past performances
Booking and General Policy
- Get in touch with us via email, phone, or chat with us on our website to set an appointment.
- Choose a musician, group, or package and ask for a draft contract. For ceremony & cocktail bookings, you may opt to book online through our interactive tool. Refer to our calendar to check for an available slot for your event date.
- Secure the date by depositing a down payment of 25% through our interactive tool and pay via credit card, venmo, paypal, or send us a check.
Your booking is automatically confirmed upon receipt of the deposit OR signed contract!
Please note: If we don’t receive the signed contract OR the required deposit within 7 days from the date of the contract, we will need to re-confirm the artist(s) availability again.
Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a username and password to access our portal. You may now create your custom wedding playlist via our interactive portal.
Please use our interactive tool to choose among thousands of songs in our playlist. There you can choose songs for your ceremony and cocktail hour.
Do you need help planning your wedding music? Our dedicated team has a variety of wedding playlist suggestions for you.
Browse our suggestions: Click Here
We understand that at times, the unexpected happens. Our policy on cancellations are written below:
- For cancellations 30 days before the event, you will receive a 100% refund of the deposit amount.
- For cancellations less than 30 days before the event, the deposit is non-refundable.
Please Provide Shade/Umbrella
- We require a shade/umbrella for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment. This is due to the extreme sensitivity of musical instruments to changes in temperature and exposure to sunlight and humidity. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
Please Prepare a Covered/Dry Location in Case of Rain
- We require a covered/dry location for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment in case of rain. Exposure to water or humidity is damaging to our musical instruments and audio equipment. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
- We love playing outdoors but in lower temperatures please provide a heater for our musicians. Our musicians remain outdoors for more than an hour with an additional hour to set up before the appointment. The heater will keep them warm before and during their performance.