Pete is a cellist, producer, songwriter-singer, chamber musician, teacher, and father. In 2013 he won a Grammy for Best Latin Rock Alternative or Urban Album as a member of the group Quetzal. Mr. Jacobson has recorded cello for Dr. Dre and frequently plays in the San Diego Symphony. He has been a soloist with Kamasi Washington and the West Coast Get Down, and has toured the world with Rhye. His solo cello can be heard in film and television, including The Walking Dead, Motherland, The Twighlight Zone. Pete has performed in the US, Mexico, Asia, Australia, the Middle East, and Europe. He studied with Eleonore Schoenfeld at USC as well as at Cal Arts and the San Francisco Conservatory of Music. Pete plays regularly with Rhye, the Arohi Ensemble, Sangam Sitar + Cello, Talking Strings, Quartetto Fantastico, the Hutchins Consort and as a freelance cellist.
Pete's past performances
Booking and General Policy
- Get in touch with us via email, phone, or chat with us on our website to set an appointment.
- Choose a musician, group, or package and ask for a draft contract. For ceremony & cocktail bookings, you may opt to book online through our interactive tool. Refer to our calendar to check for an available slot for your event date.
- Secure the date by depositing a down payment of 25% through our interactive tool and pay via credit card, venmo, paypal, or send us a check.
Your booking is automatically confirmed upon receipt of the deposit OR signed contract!
Please note: If we don’t receive the signed contract OR the required deposit within 7 days from the date of the contract, we will need to re-confirm the artist(s) availability again.
Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a username and password to access our portal. You may now create your custom wedding playlist via our interactive portal.
Please use our interactive tool to choose among thousands of songs in our playlist. There you can choose songs for your ceremony and cocktail hour.
We understand that at times, the unexpected happens. Our policy on cancellations are written below:
- For cancellations 30 days before the event, you will receive a 100% refund of the deposit amount.
- For cancellations less than 30 days before the event, the deposit is non-refundable.
Please Provide Shade/Umbrella
- We require a shade/umbrella for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment. This is due to the extreme sensitivity of musical instruments to changes in temperature and exposure to sunlight and humidity. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
Please Prepare a Covered/Dry Location in Case of Rain
- We require a covered/dry location for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment in case of rain. Exposure to water or humidity is damaging to our musical instruments and audio equipment. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
- We love playing outdoors but in lower temperatures please provide a heater for our musicians. Our musicians remain outdoors for more than an hour with an additional hour to set up before the appointment. The heater will keep them warm before and during their performance.
There are a lot of cellists in Los Angeles who performed well but if you’re really looking for the best cello player in Los Angeles for your wedding, just visit our website, the OMG. You can choose from our best cellists to perform for your wedding and make your special day an amazing one. You are guaranteed that you will be given a live musician which would make your wedding extra special because most of our musicians hold a masters degree in music performance and you can assure that you and your guests will get excellent music with a reliable and quality service.
It depends upon your choice and preference but having a Los Angeles cellist is definitely something that could bring an additional magical luxury to your incredible day. The cello is brilliantly versatile, from rich bass notes to a lush singing upper voice, and you’ll hear all of this when our musician performs for you. In addition, the cello is the instrument closest to the human voice and we’d like to help you share your songs and incorporate those little things into your special day.
Definitely! Our musicians are versatile enough that they can include a range of different music genres you might like, including pop songs, some rock classics and much more. There are almost no limits to the magic we want to make happen. We would also love it if you will inform us ahead of time if you want to include a range of other music genres for your wedding songs.
Yes, of course! We’d be more than happy to arrange a piece of your favorite music for your wedding. You can send for us to transcribe it or if you have sheet music, we can rewrite it directly for cello. It will be our pleasure to arrange an opportunity for you to hear your pieces before the big day.