Murrat was born into a large Kurdish family (the largest minority constituting 35% of the population) with brothers and sisters in Diyarbakir, Turkey. Kurds receive no legal language and cultural activities (music, folklore, events etc.) recognition by Turkish government.
Kurds have been living in the Mesopotamia area for thousands years with rich culture and language. We are divided with four countries and they are Turkey, Iran, Iraq and Syria. Each country forced us to learn and speak their language to become assimilated.
In 2002 Murrat started playing violin. One of the directors of Holland Rast Theater saw him playing one day and offered to take him to Holland to play in a traditional opera. He took the opportunity and he was in Holland for five months. Afterwards he went to Istanbul Turkey where he would play with many famous bands and singers from 2003 to 2009. With these bands he went on many tours playing traditional Kurdish music which allowed him to tour many countries. For example: Europe, United Kingdom, and North America. In 2009 he decided to move to California.
In 2011 fall semester he have taken many music classes at LAVC (Los Angeles Valley College) and play with the orchestra. He currently finished the Applied Music Program at LAVC to get closer to to his goal as a music professor and share his knowledge to future students. He was very blessed and appreciative of the UCLA music program and strongly believe knowledge is golden and will take full advantage of what the program has to offer.
Murrat's past performances
Booking and General Policy
- Get in touch with us via email, phone, or chat with us on our website to set an appointment.
- Choose a musician, group, or package and ask for a draft contract. For ceremony & cocktail bookings, you may opt to book online through our interactive tool. Refer to our calendar to check for an available slot for your event date.
- Secure the date by depositing a down payment of 25% through our interactive tool and pay via credit card, venmo, paypal, or send us a check.
Your booking is automatically confirmed upon receipt of the deposit OR signed contract!
Please note: If we don’t receive the signed contract OR the required deposit within 7 days from the date of the contract, we will need to re-confirm the artist(s) availability again.
Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a username and password to access our portal. You may now create your custom wedding playlist via our interactive portal.
Please use our interactive tool to choose among thousands of songs in our playlist. There you can choose songs for your ceremony and cocktail hour.
We understand that at times, the unexpected happens. Our policy on cancellations are written below:
- For cancellations 30 days before the event, you will receive a 100% refund of the deposit amount.
- For cancellations less than 30 days before the event, the deposit is non-refundable.
Please Provide Shade/Umbrella
- We require a shade/umbrella for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment. This is due to the extreme sensitivity of musical instruments to changes in temperature and exposure to sunlight and humidity. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
Please Prepare a Covered/Dry Location in Case of Rain
- We require a covered/dry location for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment in case of rain. Exposure to water or humidity is damaging to our musical instruments and audio equipment. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
- We love playing outdoors but in lower temperatures please provide a heater for our musicians. Our musicians remain outdoors for more than an hour with an additional hour to set up before the appointment. The heater will keep them warm before and during their performance.