Mike is a Los Angeles-based pianist, composer, arranger, and educator. He received his Bachelors of Music in Jazz Studies at California State University Northridge, where he led jazz combos to 1st place at the Reno and Monterey Jazz Festivals, also receiving the “Best College Performer” award at the Reno Jazz Festival. In 2017, Mike took 2nd place out of 8 piano finalists across the world in Lee Ritenour’s Six String Jazz competition.
Mike has performed, recorded and worked with such jazz greats as Bennie Maupin, Charnett Moffett, Alphonso Johnson, Sue Raney, John Daversa, Louise Cole, Darek Oles, Gary Pratt, Walter Smith III, David Binney, Bob Reynolds, Bob Sheppard, Gene Coye, Rick Braun, Dave Koz, and Engelbert Humperdinck. Look for Michael on Dave Koz’s new album!
Mike has toured with Rick Braun and the Jacob Szkeley Trio, and began touring with Engelbert Humberdinck in February 2018, and currently working on two projects as a bandleader – FM Project, which is co-lead with Fabian Chavez.
Mike's past performances
Booking and General Policy
- Get in touch with us via email, phone, or chat with us on our website to set an appointment.
- Choose a musician, group, or package and ask for a draft contract. For ceremony & cocktail bookings, you may opt to book online through our interactive tool. Refer to our calendar to check for an available slot for your event date.
- Secure the date by depositing a down payment of 25% through our interactive tool and pay via credit card, venmo, paypal, or send us a check.
Your booking is automatically confirmed upon receipt of the deposit OR signed contract!
Please note: If we don’t receive the signed contract OR the required deposit within 7 days from the date of the contract, we will need to re-confirm the artist(s) availability again.
Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a username and password to access our portal. You may now create your custom wedding playlist via our interactive portal.
Please use our interactive tool to choose among thousands of songs in our playlist. There you can choose songs for your ceremony and cocktail hour.
We understand that at times, the unexpected happens. Our policy on cancellations are written below:
- For cancellations 30 days before the event, you will receive a 100% refund of the deposit amount.
- For cancellations less than 30 days before the event, the deposit is non-refundable.
Please Provide Shade/Umbrella
- We require a shade/umbrella for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment. This is due to the extreme sensitivity of musical instruments to changes in temperature and exposure to sunlight and humidity. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
Please Prepare a Covered/Dry Location in Case of Rain
- We require a covered/dry location for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment in case of rain. Exposure to water or humidity is damaging to our musical instruments and audio equipment. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
- We love playing outdoors but in lower temperatures please provide a heater for our musicians. Our musicians remain outdoors for more than an hour with an additional hour to set up before the appointment. The heater will keep them warm before and during their performance.
For a wedding ceremony, our musicians from OMG would ensure they are set-up and ready to start at least half an hour before your guests arrive and typically perform between 20 and 30 minutes as your guests take their seats.
Acoustic pianos cannot be connected to a PA system. When you hire a musician from us, you don’t have to provide a PA system because Mike, our Los Angeles pianist, will bring his own portable PA system with him or else he can hook his keyboard up to the venue’s system. However, we do request that you provide an electrical plugin or outlet where we could connect our equipment.
No longer is it necessary to spend time and money going around trying to find reputable musicians to help you make music, or spend hours googling for professional musicians for hire to perform for your best day ever. With OMG, you are in the right place if you are looking for the best piano player for your wedding ceremony. Mike is one of our best wedding pianists in Southern California. He is a seasoned performer and is proficient in many genres.
Our musicians, especially our piano player, can provide duets and other ensembles that will work with you to choose a set of songs for your event. You can assure that our pianist is one of the best and is used to working with other musicians on a day to day basis. A run through together is all that is needed.