About Jason R.
Multi-instrumentalist and composer Jason R. is a graduate of the New England Conservatory of Music. During his time at NEC, he had the privilege of studying with Danilo Perez, Jerry Bergonzi, and George Garzone, among others. For over a decade Jason has toured the world as a saxophonist and pianist throughout North, Central and South America, Asia, Africa, French Polynesia, Australia, and the Caribbean.
When Jason isn’t busy performing or recording, he teaches in-home music lessons in Orange County, California, and online lessons to students from all over the world.
Grace's past performances
Booking and General Policy
- Get in touch with us via email, phone, or chat with us on our website to set an appointment.
- Choose a musician, group, or package and ask for a draft contract. For ceremony & cocktail bookings, you may opt to book online through our interactive tool. Refer to our calendar to check for an available slot for your event date.
- Secure the date by depositing a down payment of 25% through our interactive tool and pay via credit card, venmo, paypal, or send us a check.
Your booking is automatically confirmed upon receipt of the deposit OR signed contract!
Please note: If we don’t receive the signed contract OR the required deposit within 7 days from the date of the contract, we will need to re-confirm the artist(s) availability again.
Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a username and password to access our portal. You may now create your custom wedding playlist via our interactive portal.
Please use our interactive tool to choose among thousands of songs in our playlist. There you can choose songs for your ceremony and cocktail hour.
We understand that at times, the unexpected happens. Our policy on cancellations are written below:
- For cancellations 30 days before the event, you will receive a 100% refund of the deposit amount.
- For cancellations less than 30 days before the event, the deposit is non-refundable.
Please Provide Shade/Umbrella
- We require a shade/umbrella for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment. This is due to the extreme sensitivity of musical instruments to changes in temperature and exposure to sunlight and humidity. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
Please Prepare a Covered/Dry Location in Case of Rain
- We require a covered/dry location for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment in case of rain. Exposure to water or humidity is damaging to our musical instruments and audio equipment. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
- We love playing outdoors but in lower temperatures please provide a heater for our musicians. Our musicians remain outdoors for more than an hour with an additional hour to set up before the appointment. The heater will keep them warm before and during their performance.
It depends on what you are after for your event. Perhaps you are after a light touch of unaccompanied jazz, or even classical music, then a solo saxophonist would be perfect. But if you would like something a beat more upbeat; saxophonist can usually provide high-quality backing tracks to play over from just any genre, keeping the atmosphere lively and energetic. In addition, the combination of DJ and sax, or even DJ, sax and percussion is fast becoming a must-have when you really want to create a party atmosphere. Any of these can create an unforgettable atmosphere at any party or event and our Orange County saxophone player, Jason can play in any of these.
Typically, the best time for saxophonists to perform is in the afternoon, or evening, when your guests are beginning to relax, or just about ready to dance! Saxophonists are excellent at providing smooth background music for a cocktail reception, or alternatively, bringing their magic to the dance floor. They can also serenade your guests during the cocktail reception with backing tracks or as a solo instrument.
The saxophone is a versatile instrument and can therefore be used as part of various musical styles, from pop covers and classical music, to swinging jazz and nostalgic blues music. Although a saxophonist is adaptable to many styles, ultimately, we recommend going for a saxophonist who mainly focuses on the music that you have in mind for the party. Live saxophone music has a certain unique energy to it and booking a saxophonist ensures that your guests will be presented with a memorable performance.
A saxophonist must have enough room to move around comfortably, especially if you want them to bring a little energy into the music. Our musicians usually bring their own sound system and sheet music. In terms of other equipment, they usually need an amplifier or other electronic equipment which they also provide. Although our musicians usually have it all, it is still a good idea to communicate with us, especially with our saxophonists to go through what is necessary or whether you have to take care of something yourself.