For Priyanka, music, as artful vibration, is the essence of our existence, of which our heartbeat is the pulse. Each performance is an opportunity to welcome her audience to remember the joy inherent in this truth.
Originally a pre-medical student at Stanford University, Priyanka heeded her grandfather’s last words to her: the point of life?… to manifest your unique creative energy onto this earth; she switched her path to follow her passion, music, without looking back.
Priyanka’s original pre-medical path, however, was not completely dissociated from her purpose. She has always been fueled by the desire to serve. She has now hold a Doctorate (D.M.A) in Violin Performance from UCLA, and as a blend of various cultures, Indian and Western, she defines intercultural understanding, and spiritual uplift, so needed in current times, as the underlying purpose of her musical career.
As a Fulbright Scholar studying Indian classical music in India, she is versed in both Western and Indian classical music and is acutely aware of the ways a culture’s music is a reflection of its ethos, and she revels in the opportunities music creates for cross-cultural communion. Through the initiative of the South Asian Symphony Foundation, founded by Ms. Nirupama Rao, (former Indian ambassador to the United States), she travels to India to foster peace in the region through musical performance.
Her repertoire, however, spans the entire world, and includes music inspired by the traditions of Spain to Hungary, Turkey to Iran, Argentina to India. In recital, she aims to not only perform, but to elaborate on just what makes these music unique…and alike. Her piano Trio Scarlet, of which she is co-founder, specializes in the music of Spain and Latin America, particularly the tango.
Priyanka’s musical and liberal arts education, along with her spiritual studies, has fueled her passion for connecting the human experience with the unifying power of music. Her dissertation, entitled Discovering India in Western Art Music: An Exploration of Exoticism and Interculturality through Works for Western Violin, explores the practices of musical interculturalism, and seeks to promote diversity within the Western classical canon. She has presented her research at numerous forums, including for the Society for Music Theory and the American Musicological Society.
She has been winter of numerous concerto competitions, and has received multiple scholarships and summer fellowships, including at the Atlantic Music Festival, a new music festival in Maine. Finally, she is indebted to her many wonderful violin mentors, including Scott St. John, Haroutune Bedelian, Movses Pogossian, Ivan Zenaty, and Midori.
Experiencing the life-changing power of music firsthand, she is committed to arts education. She has taught for the EPGY Summer Institute course “How Music Works,” at Stanford University and she volunteers her time assisting youth programs, such as Santa Ana’s Orange County Children’s Therapeutic Arts’ Center, and Leadership Education and Advancement Program at UCLA.
Most significantly, for her, music, as vibrational energy, has the power to uplift the human spirit out of the flesh. Being firm in this knowledge is her greatest joy and deepest motivation.
Booking and General Policy
- Get in touch with us via email, phone, or chat with us on our website to set an appointment.
- Choose a musician, group, or package and ask for a draft contract. For ceremony & cocktail bookings, you may opt to book online through our interactive tool. Refer to our calendar to check for an available slot for your event date.
- Secure the date by depositing a down payment of 25% through our interactive tool and pay via credit card, venmo, paypal, or send us a check.
Your booking is automatically confirmed upon receipt of the deposit OR signed contract!
Please note: If we don’t receive the signed contract OR the required deposit within 7 days from the date of the contract, we will need to re-confirm the artist(s) availability again.
Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a username and password to access our portal. You may now create your custom wedding playlist via our interactive portal.
Please use our interactive tool to choose among thousands of songs in our playlist. There you can choose songs for your ceremony and cocktail hour.
Do you need help planning your wedding music? Our dedicated team has a variety of wedding playlist suggestions for you.
Browse our suggestions: Click Here
We understand that at times, the unexpected happens. Our policy on cancellations are written below:
- For cancellations 30 days before the event, you will receive a 100% refund of the deposit amount.
- For cancellations less than 30 days before the event, the deposit is non-refundable.
Please Provide Shade/Umbrella
- We require a shade/umbrella for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment. This is due to the extreme sensitivity of musical instruments to changes in temperature and exposure to sunlight and humidity. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
Please Prepare a Covered/Dry Location in Case of Rain
- We require a covered/dry location for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment in case of rain. Exposure to water or humidity is damaging to our musical instruments and audio equipment. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
- We love playing outdoors but in lower temperatures please provide a heater for our musicians. Our musicians remain outdoors for more than an hour with an additional hour to set up before the appointment. The heater will keep them warm before and during their performance.
Yes. Our Indian Bollywood violinist, Priyanka, brings her own violin / electric violin to play. She can also provide her own backing tracks as well as a speaker if necessary. Priyanka also provides her own Bollywood attire which will match to your event.
It will depend on your needs and like, you can opt for either an electric violinist with backing tracks or an unamplified acoustic violinist. If you’re primarily looking for classical pieces for your wedding or other special events, you may find an acoustic classical violinist as the right fit for your event. With it’s natural sound and atmospheric resonance, the solo violin works beautifully for ceremony and background music. However, if you’re looking for something a little more upbeat to include modern pop, rock and movie soundtracks, an electric violinist with backing tracks is the perfect option. Our musician may provide everything you need, including a PA system to amplify the sound. Most of our violinists offer a combination of acoustic and electric violin to cater every element of your event.
Most of our wedding string quartet Los Angeles also work with other musicians to form a versatile duo or band that will give you an amazing live music show. To know more, head on over us or just go to our website.
A stage is always a great help and addition to a performance but keep in mind that this is not really a requirement.
There are no reviews yet.