Artist's Bio & Video
The Perfect Cellist for Your Palm Springs Event
Rent cello services for any event in Palm Springs, CA. Find a skilled female cellist to provide perfect live music. Hire female cellist now!
About Gillian - cellist palm springs
Gillian has been playing music from the age of nine. She is currently a private teacher and a travelling performer in the Inland Empire, Palm Springs, and LA areas. She is often hired to perform for weddings, churches, and other events. She performs in string quartets, trios, and as a soloist depending on the venue. She is also a flute player, so she is able to do more than one type of gig at a time. She loves performing for anyone needing live music for special occasions, and it is heartening to see the joy music brings to people’s lives. She continues to play the beautiful journey as a soloist, artist, and teacher.
Gillian's past performances
Booking and General Policy
- Get in touch with us via email, phone, or chat with us on our website to set an appointment.
- Choose a musician, group, or package and ask for a draft contract. For ceremony & cocktail bookings, you may opt to book online through our interactive tool. Refer to our calendar to check for an available slot for your event date.
- Secure the date by depositing a down payment of 25% through our interactive tool and pay via credit card, venmo, paypal, or send us a check.
Your booking is automatically confirmed upon receipt of the deposit OR signed contract!
Please note: If we don’t receive the signed contract OR the required deposit within 7 days from the date of the contract, we will need to re-confirm the artist(s) availability again.
Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a username and password to access our portal. You may now create your custom wedding playlist via our interactive portal.
Please use our interactive tool to choose among thousands of songs in our playlist. There you can choose songs for your ceremony and cocktail hour.
We understand that at times, the unexpected happens. Our policy on cancellations are written below:
- For cancellations 30 days before the event, you will receive a 100% refund of the deposit amount.
- For cancellations less than 30 days before the event, the deposit is non-refundable.
Please Provide Shade/Umbrella
- We require a shade/umbrella for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment. This is due to the extreme sensitivity of musical instruments to changes in temperature and exposure to sunlight and humidity. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
Please Prepare a Covered/Dry Location in Case of Rain
- We require a covered/dry location for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment in case of rain. Exposure to water or humidity is damaging to our musical instruments and audio equipment. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
- We love playing outdoors but in lower temperatures please provide a heater for our musicians. Our musicians remain outdoors for more than an hour with an additional hour to set up before the appointment. The heater will keep them warm before and during their performance.
The moment a bride begins her walk down the aisle is an important and dramatic one. A solo cello wedding song for walking down the aisle is the timeless classic “Canon in D” by Pachelbel which truly sets the tone for the entire ceremony.
Wedding music commences, either a separate song for the Bridesmaids to enter and a different song for the Bride walking down the aisle. Alternatively, the entire wedding party can use just one song both for the entrance of the bridesmaid and the bride herself. However it still depends upon the couple’s choice and on how they have planned for their wedding.
It has a special sound. Of all the string instruments, the cello sounds most like a human voice which makes it have a special sound. And it can make a wide variety of tones, from warm low pitches to bright higher notes.
Ideally, we only move once but we do realise that you may need us to move twice. We just like to request that armless chairs are ready for us to use in each area and adequate space is set aside to avoid us having to do this in between sets. Helping us to move equipment (except for our instruments) is always much appreciated. We strongly recommend trying to limit the amount of times to move rooms so that you can benefit from hearing us play but will try to accommodate your requirements where possible.
Artist's Capabilities & Experience
There are no reviews yet.