About Our Baraat Band
Our Baraat Band's past performances
Accepts the Following:
Secure Local Dhol Players/Baraat Band Backed 24/7 in Southern California
Booking Dhol Players and Baraat Band from Ocdamia Music Group, LLC. grants you access to our pool of professional dhol players in Southern California, attentive customer service and expert advice from our friendly staff 24/7, and most importantly, our customer guarantee.
In the event that a dhol player or any member of the baraat band cancels due to unforeseen events, our team will find a suitable replacement.
We guarantee that your Solo Dhol Player, Baraat Band is covered 24/7 against any eventuality.
Hype up your guests by booking your solo dhol player or full baraat band for your Indian/Pakistani wedding procession with peace of mind. Sit back, relax, and be entertained with concert-like performances from OMG artists and local live musicians for hire!
FAQ, Booking and General Policy
There are several types of drums that are typically found in South Asia, one of these is called the Dhol. The dhol is a double-headed wooden drum commonly played during rituals, festivities, and gatherings, including Indian wedding processions. Often attached to a strap, it is worn by the player with the strap slung over the shoulder or neck.
A Baraat is a wedding procession for the groom. Commonly observed in South Asian weddings, the groom travels to the wedding venue accompanied by live music and celebration. Most of the time, the Baraat is accompanied with music from dhol players for hire. A Baraat is something that wedding guests often look forward to because of the festivities and spectacle associated with it.
The Dhol player normally plays Indian tunes during a Baraat processional in an Indian wedding procession. The type of music played, however, greatly depends on the preference of the couple. There are Baraat processionals that move along to modern music while some choose to stick to tradition and play Indian music. Our Baraat band can play your preferred music and accommodate special requests. At times, to hype the crowd. But sometimes, there is a Mobile DJ who plays an Indian Tunes, thus the Dhol Player plays along with the DJ.
Our Baraat band is often composed of a Dhol player, two trumpeters, and a saxophonist since they often play traditional Indian music. For modern/contemporary music, the Baraat band can be accompanied by a mobile DJ where the DJ moves along with the procession.
- Get in touch with us via email, phone, or chat with us on our website to set an appointment.
- Choose a musician, group, or package and ask for a draft contract. For ceremony & cocktail bookings, you may opt to book online through our interactive tool. Refer to our calendar to check for an available slot for your event date.
- Secure the date by depositing a down payment of 25% through our interactive tool and pay via credit card, venmo, paypal, or send us a check.
Your booking is automatically confirmed upon receipt of the deposit OR signed contract!
Please note: If we don’t receive the signed contract OR the required deposit within 7 days from the date of the contract, we will need to re-confirm the artist(s) availability again.
Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a username and password to access our portal. You may now create your custom wedding playlist via our interactive portal.
Please use our interactive tool to choose among thousands of songs in our playlist. There you can choose songs for your ceremony and cocktail hour.
Do you need help planning your wedding music? Our dedicated team has a variety of wedding playlist suggestions for you.
Browse our suggestions: Click Here
We understand that at times, the unexpected happens. Our policy on cancellations are written below:
- For cancellations 30 days before the event, you will receive a 100% refund of the deposit amount.
- For cancellations less than 30 days before the event, the deposit is non-refundable.
Please Provide Shade/Umbrella
- We require a shade/umbrella for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment. This is due to the extreme sensitivity of musical instruments to changes in temperature and exposure to sunlight and humidity. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
Please Prepare a Covered/Dry Location in Case of Rain
- We require a covered/dry location for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment in case of rain. Exposure to water or humidity is damaging to our musical instruments and audio equipment. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
- We love playing outdoors but in lower temperatures please provide a heater for our musicians. Our musicians remain outdoors for more than an hour with an additional hour to set up before the appointment. The heater will keep them warm before and during their performance.