About Melissa | Dancing Violinist SoCal
Melissa is an all-genre violinist steeped in classical training but fluent in fiddle/bluegrass, jazz, rock, gypsy, blues, reggae and more. Experienced in the music and entertainment scene, Melissa has played for artists such as Rihanna, Future of Forestry, Louis XIV, and opened for Cee Lo Green, Pepper, POD and The Killers. She has made television appearances on the Ellen DeGeneres Show and the Marie Osmond Show and has also performed in the NHL Pre-Game Show and NBA All-Star Game Half-time Show. Based in Southern California, Melissa has been an active member of the worship arts ministry in various churches and has graced many stages, often receiving standing ovations for dancing while playing her violin!
Being a highly energetic violinist playing upbeat modern music, she enjoys performing live and interacting with the crowd at weddings, corporate functions, and other special events.
Melissa's past performances
Book local musicians in Southern California with security and 24/7 customer service
Booking artists or musicians from Ocdamia Music Group, LLC. grants you access to our team of 100+ professional musicians, attentive customer service and expert advice from our friendly staff 24/7, and most importantly, our customer guarantee.
We guarantee that your booking is covered 24/7 against any eventuality.
In the event that an artist or musician cancels due to unforeseen events, our team will find a suitable replacement.
Book live music and entertainment for your event with peace of mind. Sit back, relax, and be entertained with concert-like performances from OMG artists and musicians!
FAQ, Booking and General Policy
A dancing violinist is a total performer who dances along to the music, sometimes with a set choreography, while playing the violin. It has been popular in recent years, ushering in a new style of violin performance. Our hip hop violinist in San Diego, Melissa, is a talented violinist and gifted dancer who can definitely wow a crowd!
A wedding reception playlist is equally important as the playlist for wedding ceremony. Once you book with OMG, you will have access to our portal where you can select songs for the wedding reception, or any part of the program. We also have our own go-to playlist at wedding receptions that we update constantly so you would not have to worry about planning your music.
Our SoCal dancing Violinist, Melissa, often uses an electric violin for her performances. Since she plays along to backing tracks, mixing the sound from her violin together with the track is easier. Also, violin music and backing tracks should match, and using an electric violin makes it is easier to modify the overall sound.
Yes! A violin can be played almost anywhere, as long as the conditions are dry. Violins and other wooden instruments are sensitive to moisture and water so it is important that they do not get wet. Given that, violin music is a great background music for a romantic beach setting.
- Get in touch with us via email, phone, or chat with us on our website to set an appointment.
- Choose a musician, group, or package and ask for a draft contract. For ceremony & cocktail bookings, you may opt to book online through our interactive tool. Refer to our calendar to check for an available slot for your event date.
- Secure the date by depositing a down payment of 25% through our interactive tool and pay via credit card, venmo, paypal, or send us a check.
Your booking is automatically confirmed upon receipt of the deposit OR signed contract!
Please note: If we don’t receive the signed contract OR the required deposit within 7 days from the date of the contract, we will need to re-confirm the artist(s) availability again.
Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a username and password to access our portal. You may now create your custom wedding playlist via our interactive portal.
Please use our interactive tool to choose among thousands of songs in our playlist. There you can choose songs for your ceremony and cocktail hour.
Do you need help planning your wedding music? Our dedicated team has a variety of wedding playlist suggestions for you.
Browse our suggestions: Click Here
We understand that at times, the unexpected happens. Our policy on cancellations are written below:
- For cancellations 30 days before the event, you will receive a 100% refund of the deposit amount.
- For cancellations less than 30 days before the event, the deposit is non-refundable.
Please Provide Shade/Umbrella
- We require a shade/umbrella for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment. This is due to the extreme sensitivity of musical instruments to changes in temperature and exposure to sunlight and humidity. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
Please Prepare a Covered/Dry Location in Case of Rain
- We require a covered/dry location for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment in case of rain. Exposure to water or humidity is damaging to our musical instruments and audio equipment. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
- We love playing outdoors but in lower temperatures please provide a heater for our musicians. Our musicians remain outdoors for more than an hour with an additional hour to set up before the appointment. The heater will keep them warm before and during their performance.