About Melissa | Cello Player San Diego
Melissa, a solo cellist in Southern California, played her very first music notes at the age of three. Her music journey began on the piano, but cello soon entered her life at the age of eleven, and she instantly fell in love. Over the years she has continued to improve as a musician and performer, playing in numerous orchestras, chamber music groups, musicals, operas, ballet, weddings, live entertainment events, corporate functions, and various private events.
She moved to San Diego in 2009 to study mathematics, economics, and cello performance at UC San Diego and has stayed in the gorgeous city since. Although she works with numbers during the day, Melissa squeezes in as much cello time as possible on nights and weekends to continue her passion. She currently plays with La Jolla Symphony, City Ballet of San Diego, Opera NEO, and various chamber groups. Melissa loves her cello, Mel, for its wide range and sweet tone; she is always excited to share Mel’s lovely bright sound with the rest of the world.
Melissa's past performances
Accepts the Following
Book local musicians in Southern California with security and 24/7 customer service
Booking cello player in San Diego from Ocdamia Music Group, LLC. grants you access to our team of professional cello player, attentive customer service and expert advice from our friendly staff 24/7, and most importantly, our customer guarantee.
We guarantee that your cello player booking is covered 24/7 against any eventuality.
In the event that a cello player cancels due to unforeseen events, our team will find a suitable replacement.
Book live music and entertainment for your event with peace of mind. Sit back, relax, and be entertained with concert-like performances from OMG artists and musicians!
FAQ, Booking and General Policy
A cello is a wonderful instrument as it creates a deep resonating sound. The music played on the cello can vary across genres, including classical music, contemporary music, jazz music, pop music, and many more. When paired with a violin, the harmony created is beautiful and resonant.
The cello is an easy instrument to play. As with learning all other instruments, however, education and training is important. It should not stop anyone who is interested in playing the cello to pursue it. It is rewarding once you are able to play the instrument.
There are a wide variety of good cello pieces for casual events. Classical pieces, such as Bach’s Cello Suite can be fitting for casual events. Popular movie themes and top hits such as A Thousand Years by Christina Perri, Viva La Vida by Coldplay, Game of Thrones Theme, and Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. Our cello player in San Diego, Melissa, is experienced in playing a variety of music genres.
The following classical songs were played at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s royal wedding: Sicilienne by Paradis, Apres un reve by Faure , and Ave Maria by Schubert. It was beautifully played by a 19-year-old cellist, Shekuh Kanuh Mason.
- Get in touch with us via email, phone, or chat with us on our website to set an appointment.
- Choose a musician, group, or package and ask for a draft contract. For ceremony & cocktail bookings, you may opt to book online through our interactive tool. Refer to our calendar to check for an available slot for your event date.
- Secure the date by depositing a down payment of 25% through our interactive tool and pay via credit card, venmo, paypal, or send us a check.
Your booking is automatically confirmed upon receipt of the deposit OR signed contract!
Please note: If we don’t receive the signed contract OR the required deposit within 7 days from the date of the contract, we will need to re-confirm the artist(s) availability again.
Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a username and password to access our portal. You may now create your custom wedding playlist via our interactive portal.
Please use our interactive tool to choose among thousands of songs in our playlist. There you can choose songs for your ceremony and cocktail hour.
Do you need help planning your wedding music? Our dedicated team has a variety of wedding playlist suggestions for you.
Browse our suggestions: Click Here
We understand that at times, the unexpected happens. Our policy on cancellations are written below:
- For cancellations 30 days before the event, you will receive a 100% refund of the deposit amount.
- For cancellations less than 30 days before the event, the deposit is non-refundable.
Please Provide Shade/Umbrella
- We require a shade/umbrella for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment. This is due to the extreme sensitivity of musical instruments to changes in temperature and exposure to sunlight and humidity. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
Please Prepare a Covered/Dry Location in Case of Rain
- We require a covered/dry location for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment in case of rain. Exposure to water or humidity is damaging to our musical instruments and audio equipment. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
- We love playing outdoors but in lower temperatures please provide a heater for our musicians. Our musicians remain outdoors for more than an hour with an additional hour to set up before the appointment. The heater will keep them warm before and during their performance.