Few accordionists start their performance careers as a punk guitarist, but for Melinda, it was a natural transition. She started performing high-energy rock music in high school, and brought an elegance to her performance as an accordionist and pianist exploring world music, classical, jazz, and pop, as a multi-lingual singer and even as a DJ.
As an accordionist, Melinda has graced the stages of the Hollywood Bowl and Walt Disney Hall with the LA Philharmonic. She has also enjoyed accordion-strolling gigs around Disney amusement parks or Cirque Du Soleil, and the occasional high-energy Oktoberfest gig where she gets to perform and dance on tables. Though she studied Balkan and jazz music at UCLA, she frequently performs Latin, Klezmer, French, German, and Italian music both solo and arranging for bands all over Los Angeles
Her experience with world music has influenced her spicy-roots musical project, Sugar Rum, where she ringleaders a four-piece band at music festivals and on tours. Currently, she is producing the second Sugar Rum EP blending tango and blues, with her childhood love of rock, hip-hop, and pop. Melinda brings her natural curiosity and musical joy to every performance.
Melinda's past performances
Booking and General Policy
- Get in touch with us via email, phone, or chat with us on our website to set an appointment.
- Choose a musician, group, or package and ask for a draft contract. For ceremony & cocktail bookings, you may opt to book online through our interactive tool. Refer to our calendar to check for an available slot for your event date.
- Secure the date by depositing a down payment of 25% through our interactive tool and pay via credit card, venmo, paypal, or send us a check.
Your booking is automatically confirmed upon receipt of the deposit OR signed contract!
Please note: If we don’t receive the signed contract OR the required deposit within 7 days from the date of the contract, we will need to re-confirm the artist(s) availability again.
Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a username and password to access our portal. You may now create your custom wedding playlist via our interactive portal.
Please use our interactive tool to choose among thousands of songs in our playlist. There you can choose songs for your ceremony and cocktail hour.
Do you need help planning your wedding music? Our dedicated team has a variety of wedding playlist suggestions for you.
Browse our suggestions: Click Here
We understand that at times, the unexpected happens. Our policy on cancellations are written below:
- For cancellations 30 days before the event, you will receive a 100% refund of the deposit amount.
- For cancellations less than 30 days before the event, the deposit is non-refundable.
Please Provide Shade/Umbrella
- We require a shade/umbrella for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment. This is due to the extreme sensitivity of musical instruments to changes in temperature and exposure to sunlight and humidity. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
Please Prepare a Covered/Dry Location in Case of Rain
- We require a covered/dry location for our musicians, instruments, and audio equipment in case of rain. Exposure to water or humidity is damaging to our musical instruments and audio equipment. In some cases exposure to elements may lead to irreparable damage to the instruments.
- We love playing outdoors but in lower temperatures please provide a heater for our musicians. Our musicians remain outdoors for more than an hour with an additional hour to set up before the appointment. The heater will keep them warm before and during their performance.
I have been playing the accordion for over 20 years. I started playing in high school, and I have continued to play ever since.
I can sing in English, Spanish, French, German, and Italian.
Yes, I can provide references from past clients. I would be happy to provide you with contact information for my past clients so that you can speak to them about my services.
I am committed to providing a safe and COVID-19 compliant performance for your event. I will follow all applicable COVID-19 safety protocols, including wearing a mask and social distancing.